CLDR Ticket #10017(accepted tools)
Simplify CLDR tool build.xml
|Reported by:||yoshito||Owned by:||yoshito|
tools/java/build.xml contains several different sub-package target, such as util, tool, posix, icu, json, test. The build target "jar" depends on all of these. I see there are some issues with this construction.
- Files in new package will be lost unless you explicitly include the package in one of sub-module target, and update jar target to include them.
- The build script does not match cldr-tools project in Eclipse. Majority of CLDR developers just run tests on Eclipse IDE, but running some tools with command line build may fail because some classes might not be included in jar file.
In general, specifying <includes> <excludes> in build target is error prone. As far as I know, CLDR developers expect all of classes in cldr-tools projects are available in classpath when you run a tool. I don't see any values building partial packages in the source tree.
- Delete all of these submodule targets - ant-plugin, util, tool, posix, icu, json and test. Also delete the target 'all' which calls all of these targets.
- Add a standard target "compile", which simply compiles all of java files under the specified source tree.
- Add another target "resource", which copies resource files from source tree to target.
- Make "jar" target depends on "compile"
- Make target "jar" as the default target.
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Component changed from unknown to util
- Priority changed from assess to medium
- Phase changed from dsub to rc
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 31
- Owner changed from anybody to yoshito
- Type changed from unknown to tools