CLDR Ticket #10126(closed data: fixed)
Create full list of emoji names
|Reported by:||mark||Owned by:||mark|
The emoji names require synthesis, according to part 2 section 14.1. There shouldn't be a good reason for every user of CLDR to have to duplicate the wheel by implementing the synthesis.
We should take CLDR annotations/*.xml, and use http://unicode.org/repos/cldr/trunk/specs/ldml/tr35-general.html#Annotations to fill in the synthesized ones.
Peoples are grabbing http://unicode.org/Public/emoji/5.0/emoji-test.txt and parsing comments. No ICU api to get them.
So we could supply a list of the resolved names and keywords for applications. Options:
- A separate directory of /annotations-derived/. Could either be flat files or XML.
- Same directory, with alt='derived', and a generation step at the end of the release.
[Was ticket:10104, but that one had misticketed commit; easiest to recreate.]
- Owner changed from anybody to mark
- Priority changed from assess to major
- Type changed from unknown to data
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 32
- Status changed from accepted to reviewing
- Review set to pedberg