[Unicode]   Common Locale Data Repository : Bug Tracking Home | Site Map | Search

CLDR Ticket #11037(closed data: fixed)

Opened 5 months ago

Last modified 8 weeks ago

CLDR 33.1 Maintenance Release

Reported by: emmons Owned by: emmons
Component: infrastructure Data Locale:
Phase: final Review: mark
Weeks: Data Xpath:
















Release tasks for CLDR 33.1 scheduled maintenance release.


Change History

comment:1 Changed 3 months ago by emmons

  • Status changed from new to accepted

comment:2 Changed 3 months ago by pedberg

  • Xref set to 10497,10789,10887,10978,11023,11032,11053,11070,11080,11094,11128,11130

comment:3 Changed 3 months ago by pedberg

  • John rolled the commits for cldrbugs 10497,10789,10887,10978,11023,11032,11053,11070,11080,11094 into the maint-33 branch.
  • I have just rolled the commits for cldrbugs 11128,11130 into the maint-33 branch.
  • Some portion of cldrbug 10997: may also be needed in the maint-33 branch, checking on that now.

comment:4 Changed 3 months ago by pedberg

  • Xref changed from 10497,10789,10887,10978,11023,11032,11053,11070,11080,11094,11128,11130 to 10497,10789,10887,10978,11023,11032,11053,11070,11080,11094,11128,11130,10997

Yes, from cldrbug 10997:, just the changes to collation/root.xml (part of the commits in r14128 and r14161) were needed, so I also rolled those into the maint-33 branch. In the branch I also updated the version numbers in CLDRFile.java and the dtds from 33 to 33.1, and updated unicodeVersion in ldmlSupplemental.dtd from 10.0.0 to 11.0.0.

The current version of maint-33 with these changes is tagged as tags/release-33-1-d02; this has all currently-known changes intended for CLDR 33.1.

comment:5 Changed 2 months ago by pedberg

  • Cc emmons, mark, pedberg added
  • Xref changed from 10497,10789,10887,10978,11023,11032,11053,11070,11080,11094,11128,11130,10997 to 10497,10789,10887,10978,11023,11032,11053,11070,11080,11094,11128,11130,10997, 11159

OK, since the above:

  • The changes to add currency VES were reverted on the main-33 branch per r14197
  • A metazone fix for Pyongyang was merged in per r14209
  • I merged in the annotations and annotationsDerived data from trunk (added there from Survey Tool), along with related test updates, in r 14219 (under this ticket). After John's last merge into maint-33 in r14209, and after Mark's final update of the annotations & annotationsDerived data in r14212 for cldrbug 10997:, I checked out a fresh copy of the maint-33 branch. In that (after testing subtree merge in another branch and examining changesets needed to get TestAnnotations working in the branch), I did the following to merge in the necessary test changesets, from various tickets as noted:
    # subtree merges for current trunk annotations data:
    cd common/annotations
    svn merge ^/trunk/common/annotations
    cd ../annotationsDerived/
    svn merge ^/trunk/common/annotationsDerived
    # merge specific changesets but only within the tools subtree
    # and in some cases only for specific files, all in proper order:
    cd ../../tools/
    svn merge -c 14047 ^/trunk/tools # from cldrbug 10997: # resolve conflict: mc
    svn merge -c 14057 ^/trunk/tools # from cldrbug 10997:
    svn merge -c 14100 ^/trunk/tools # from cldrbug 11093:
    svn merge -c 14102 ^/trunk/tools # from cldrbug 10998:
    svn merge -c 14128 ^/trunk/tools # from cldrbug 10997:
    svn merge -c 14135 ^/trunk/tools # from cldrbug 11118:
    svn merge -c 14139 ^/trunk/tools # from cldrbug 11117:
    svn merge -c 14140 ^/trunk/tools # from cldrbug 11117:
    svn merge -c 14146 ^/trunk/tools # from cldrbug 11117:
    svn merge -c 14161 ^/trunk/tools/java/org/unicode/cldr/util/CLDRConfig.java java/org/unicode/cldr/util/CLDRConfig.java # from cldrbug 10997:
    svn merge -c 14161 ^/trunk/tools/java/org/unicode/cldr/util/PathHeader.java java/org/unicode/cldr/util/PathHeader.java # from cldrbug 10997:
    svn merge -c 14184 ^/trunk/tools # from cldrbug 11117:
    svn merge -c 14192 ^/trunk/tools # from cldrbug 11117:
    svn merge -c 14193 ^/trunk/tools # from cldrbug 11117:
    svn merge -c 14200 ^/trunk/tools/java/org/unicode/cldr/test/CheckWidths.java java/org/unicode/cldr/test/CheckWidths.java # from cldrbug 10973: # resolve conflict: tc
    svn merge -c 14206 ^/trunk/tools # from cldrbug 10997:
    svn merge -c 14207 ^/trunk/tools # from cldrbug 10997:
    # And the further updates from trunk:
    # tools/java/org/unicode/cldr/test/CheckWidths.java, match trunk version
    # tools/java/org/unicode/cldr/test/CheckCLDR.java, add tooManyValues to CheckStatus.Subtype
    cd ../..
  • I then ran tests (ConsoleCheckCLDR all locales, and unittest.TestAll. All passed except the following, which seems due to a problem in the Swahili region and/or subregion name data (not a problem in annotations data per se):
      TestAnnotations {
        TestUniqueness {
          Error: (TestAnnotations.java:204) Duplicate name in sw: “bendera: Uingereza” for 🇬🇧 & 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
        } (30.808s) FAILED (1 failure(s))

Waiting to see what we decide to do about this for 33.1 ...

Last edited 2 months ago by pedberg (previous) (diff)

comment:6 Changed 2 months ago by pedberg

Updated the readme in maint-33 to refer to CLDR 33.1 (and with the current date), and then copied maint-33 to a new tag cldr/tags/release-33-1-d04 which now represent the latest releasable version.

comment:7 Changed 2 months ago by emmons

  • Status changed from accepted to reviewing
  • Review set to mark

comment:8 Changed 8 weeks ago by mark

  • Status changed from reviewing to closed
  • Resolution set to fixed

Add a comment

Modify Ticket

as closed
Next status will be 'new'
Next status will be 'closed'

E-mail address and user name can be saved in the Preferences.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.