CLDR Ticket #2742(closed enhancement: fixed)
Clarification in UTS #35 (LDML spec) section 5.3.1 needed
|Reported by:||Philip@…||Owned by:||mark|
Section 5.3.1 regarding locale chain fallback is unclear in respect of several points:
- In the example given, it is not clear whether the fallback values are for for "sms-FI" or "sms".
- It is not clear whether interpolation of fallbacks takes place for all elements in the original chain or just the initial one. That is, if "sms-FI" and "sms" both have different fallbacks, should both fallback sets be used?
- Should fallback interpolation be recursive? For example, if "fi-FI" is the fallback for "sms-FI" and "fi_FI" also has fallbacks - should these also be interpolated and if so, where?
- Owner changed from somebody to mark
- Priority changed from assess to medium
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Component changed from docs to spec
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.