CLDR Ticket #3695(closed defect: fixed)
Localized GMT-zero format in the LDML specification
|Reported by:||yoshito||Owned by:||pedberg|
Localized GMT format was introduced by cldrbug:1949 in the LDML specification. In the latest specification (1.9), it is defined as below:
Localized GMT format: A constant, specific offset from GMT (or UTC), which may be in a translated form. - "HMG+03.30" - "GMT+03:30" - "Гриинуич+03:30 Localized GMT-zero format: The name for GMT (or UTC) itself (i.e. an offset of 0 from GMT), which may be in a translated form.
in Appendix J. There is no description about when and how this format is used - more specifically, it is not clear the zero format is actually a special case of Localized GMT format and it should be used when pattern ZZZZ is requested and GMT offset is 0.
The above section in the LMDL specification should be re-organized and put Localized GMT-zero format as a part of Localized GMT format section with actual example.
- Summary changed from Localized GMT format in the LDML specification to Localized GMT-zero format in the LDML specification
- Owner changed from somebody to pedberg
- Priority changed from assess to medium
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 2.0
- Status changed from assigned to accepted
- Xref set to 1949, 1950
- Review set to yoshito