CLDR Ticket #5016(closed enhancement: fixed)
replace variableTop with maxVariable (collation attributes)
|Reported by:||markus||Owned by:||markus|
For UCA/LDML collation, the variableTop attribute specifies which characters (via their primary weights) are “variable” when the alternate-handling is not non-ignorable.
Problem: The value for variableTop is a code point sequence. For common usage it requires knowledge of which character is the last in the Punctuation or Symbols or similar range, in DUCET order, which changes with every UCA version.
- Please add a new attribute “maxVariable” for easy, reliable setting of which characters are “variable”. Its set of values should be the special below-letter reorder_code values: space, punct, symbol, currency, digit. maxVariable=punct would be the CLDR/LDML default, while maxVariable=symbol would be the UCA DUCET default.
- I propose “kv” as the language tag key for “maxVariable”.
- Please deprecate the variableTop attribute, in favor of maxVariable.
(For more details see IcuBug:8032, especially comment #7)
- Owner changed from anybody to markus
- Priority changed from assess to major
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Component changed from unknown to spec
- Weeks set to 0.1
- Type changed from unknown to enhancement
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 23
comment:12 Changed 20 months ago by markus
- Cc mark, yoshito, emmons added
- Status changed from assigned to reviewing
- Review set to pedberg
comment:13 Changed 19 months ago by pedberg
- Status changed from reviewing to closed
- Resolution set to fixed