CLDR Ticket #5108(accepted data)
Maltese RuleBasedNumberFormat rules need improvement
|Reported by:||grhoten||Owned by:||srl|
I recently started to add roundtrip testing for the RBNF data I'm reviewing. There are a lot of problems, but Maltese is generally worse than most of the other languages.
I have attached 3 example results that may provide some review guidance.
Here are some other things to consider:
1) I've generally told reviewers to ignore greyed out cells because the results make no sense (e.g. negative first), or the column is undesirable in the formatting architecture we use.
2) Parse errors are highlighted in red. Maltese is unparseable. The numbers keep throwing StackOverflowErrors.
3) Maltese has no ordinals. If they exist, it would be nice if you provide them.
4) Collapsed columns for cardinal-feminine and cardinal-masculine are desired, which are similar to Arabic. For the positionally dependent numbers, we prefer to make that decision outside of RBNF in order to get the spacing correct.
5) I'm currently planning on including these Maltese changes after the current CLDR release, unless Steven and John say otherwise.
It would be helpful if you could fix these Maltese issues.