CLDR Ticket #5257(accepted data)
document fa_AF=prs & merged fa_AF=ps collation tailoring
|Reported by:||markus||Owned by:||shervin|
common/collation/fa_AF.xml has <alias source="ps" path="//ldml/collations"/>, which means that Persian-in-Afghanistan supposedly has the same sort order as Pashto which is very different from the Persian tailoring.
This seems strange because Persian (fa) and Pashto (ps) are significantly different languages, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pashto_language
The main locale data is not aliased: common/main/fa_AF.xml overrides some of fa.xml and inherits other parts, but does not have any aliases.
I suggest we have someone familiar with languages of that area review this, and consider removing the common/collation/fa_AF.xml file.
- Owner changed from anybody to markus
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 23
- Owner changed from markus to roozbeh
- Priority changed from assess to medium
- Summary changed from collation: fa_AF == ps, really? to document fa_AF=prs & merged fa_AF=ps collation tailoring
- Milestone changed from 23 to 24dsub
comment:10 Changed 4 years ago by markus
- Keywords collation added
- Component changed from data-collation to data
comment:11 Changed 4 years ago by emmons
- Component changed from data to data-collation
- Milestone changed from 24rc to 25design