CLDR Ticket #5606(closed enhancement: fixed)
Document behavior for language+region combinations not in CLDR
|Reported by:||pedberg||Owned by:||pedberg|
Clarify the spec languge about handling certain kinds of region-specific data specified in supplemental data such as currency to use, week conventions, and measurement system:
• If a region is specified as part of the locale (such as fr_US), these items always come from data for the specified region, regardless of whether the language+region combination exists as an explicit locale in CLDR.
• If no region is specified as part of the locale, these items come from the likely region for the specified language.
- Owner changed from anybody to pedberg
- Priority changed from assess to medium
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 23
- Status changed from assigned to accepted
- Review set to yoshito