CLDR Ticket #5836(closed enhancement: fixed)
Document that count= attributes have special inheritance
|Reported by:||mark||Owned by:||mark|
We don't document in http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr35/ that the count= attributes have special aliasing. They act as if there were root aliases for all of them.
In particular, if there is no value for a path, and it has a [@count="x"] attribute and value, then:
- If "x" is anything but "other", it maps to [@count="other"]
- So ldml/foo[@count="one"] would map to ldml/foo[@count="other"].
- In the special case of currencies, if the count="other" value is missing, it maps to the path that is completely missing the count item.
- So ldml/foo[@count="other"] would map to ldml/foo.
We hadn't added all those aliases to root because it would be a huge number (and growing, as we add units). Note: it would be possible to generalize #2 to all cases, because it would only apply to currencies.
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Component changed from unknown to spec
- Priority changed from assess to minor
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 24
- Owner changed from anybody to mark
- Type changed from unknown to enhancement