CLDR Ticket #6099(accepted data)
Latin-InterIndic transform: the line below kh should be connected for kha virama
|Reported by:||moyogo@…||Owned by:||sascha|
In InterIndic-Latin.xml, the rule and in Latin-InterIndic.xml the rule with <006B 0331 0068 0331>, where the line below is U+0331 COMBINING MACRON BELOW, should have a different line below character as the line below kh is supposed to be a single line. Having U+0331 twice means there are two unconnected lines.
The alternatives to have a proper single connected line are
- <006B 035F 0068> with U+035F COMBINING DOUBLE MACRON BELOW once
- <006B 0332 0068 0332> with U+0332 COMBINING LOW LINE twice
See note 2 in http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stone-catend/triunltc.htm :
- The underline in underlined digraphs (Titlecase, 004B + 200D + 0068 + 0031) is intended to be unbroken. The Unicode mappings given here for these three characters is not normative, so other approaches may be used if desired.
http://transliteration.eki.ee/pdf/Hindi-Marathi-Nepali.pdf uses <006B 0332 0068 0332>.
- Owner changed from anybody to mark
- Priority changed from assess to minor
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Component changed from unknown to data-translit
- Type changed from unknown to defect