CLDR Ticket #6269(closed enhancement: fixed)
|Reported by:||mark||Owned by:||mark|
Description (last modified by mark) (diff)
The RBNF rules are not tracked and vetted in the same way as other locale data. As a result,
- there are many forms that are effectively unusable by general purpose software, while
- other forms are missing.
For example, we have for German spellout-cardinal-masculine, spellout-cardinal-feminine. So there is some attempt to account for context (in this case, gender). But we don't have masculine/feminine/neuter ordinals, nor accusative, dative, genitive, nor the number, nor the determiner; yet we give no indication that they are incomplete. (Nor, if we had them, would someone be able to apply them without a good model of German grammar, plus a mechanism (and database) for German noun genders.
So I suggest that we do both of the following:
- we add some strong caveats to the data for RBNF.
- either we document what rulesets names like the following mean, or we make them private:
I put together a spreadsheet below.
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Component changed from unknown to spec
- Priority changed from assess to medium
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 24final
- Owner changed from anybody to mark
- Type changed from unknown to enhancement
comment:10 Changed 18 months ago by mark
- Status changed from assigned to reviewing
- Review set to pedberg