CLDR Ticket #6522(accepted tools)
Revisit use of CLDRFile.GEN_VERSION
|Reported by:||srl||Owned by:||srl|
Search for and revisit use of CLDRFile.GEN_VERSION
For generating new files, it's OK. However, for converters such as to ICU or JSON format, I think it is inappropriate, as the actual DTD version being processed should be used in case the code and data are a different version.
If this desync is concerning, then I would actually assert that the DTD version matches the GEN_VERSION.
Either way, I don't think we should blindly write the CLDRFile.GEN_VERSION out when we are processing input CLDR files.
See ticket:6521 - I've added a function to read the DTD.
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Component changed from unknown to tools
- Priority changed from assess to medium
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 25rc
- Owner changed from anybody to srl
- Type changed from unknown to enhancement
- Type changed from enhancement to tools
- Component changed from tools to unknown