CLDR Ticket #6533(accepted tools)
LDML2ICUConverter preserve collation comments
|Reported by:||markus||Owned by:||anybody|
When Jennifer and I worked on collation in the new converter, we made it strip the comments. Now I think it would be better to convert them to genrb comments, outside the double quotes (and I think it would be easy). Those are not stored in the binary .res files, but they make the rules much more understandable in the ICU .txt data files.
That is, keep the comment, and after surrounding the actual rules with double quotes, add the comment back, replacing '#' with '//'. Note that some lines contain only comments: Stop ignoring such lines, emit the comments.
.xml <<ᅡ # 1161 HANGUL JUNGSEONG A --> .txt "<<ᅡ " // 1161 HANGUL JUNGSEONG A
- Owner changed from anybody to jchye
- Priority changed from assess to medium
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 24rc
- Owner changed from googler to anybody
- Milestone changed from 26rc to 27dsub
comment:10 Changed 2 years ago by markus
- Type changed from enhancement to tools
- Component changed from ldml2icu to collation