CLDR Ticket #6707(closed task: fixed)
Fix the description of canonical LDML ordering
|Reported by:||mark||Owned by:||mark|
We used to say in tr35.html 5.6.2 Ordering:
Attribute value comparison is a bit more complicated, and may depend on the attribute and type. Compare two values by using the following steps:
- If two values are in the Value Order Table, compare according to the order in the table. Otherwise if just one is, it goes first.
- If two values are numeric [0-9], compare numerically (2 < 12). Otherwise if just one is numeric, it goes first.
- Otherwise values are ordered alphabetically
That is very much out of date. We have a number of specific ordering tables in CLDRFile.getAttributeValueComparator, but their contents are visible in the supplemental metadata.
Consider whether to remove this discussion from the spec or provide metadata for the ordering.
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Component changed from unknown to docs
- Priority changed from assess to medium
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 25rc
- Owner changed from anybody to mark
- Type changed from unknown to task
- Status changed from assigned to reviewing
- Review set to pedberg