CLDR Ticket #6738(closed defect: fixed)
collation starred relations should only contain NFD-inert characters
|Reported by:||markus||Owned by:||markus|
When we introduced collation starred relations (compact syntax), I think we said we wanted to forbid characters that are not NFD-inert, so that there is no ambiguity when rule strings are decomposed or otherwise normalized. If we still have consensus on this, then we should document and enforce it.
For example, fa.txt contains a starred rule with decomposable characters: <<*أٲإٳؤ In escaped form, it is <<*\u0623\u0672\u0625\u0673\u0624. U+0623 ARABIC LETTER ALEF WITH HAMZA ABOVE and U+0625 ARABIC LETTER ALEF WITH HAMZA BELOW are composites.
- Owner changed from anybody to markus
- Priority changed from assess to medium
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 25rc
- Cc mark, yoshito, emmons added
- Status changed from assigned to reviewing
- Review set to pedberg
- Cc markus added
- Status changed from reviewing to closed
- Xref set to 7060
- Resolution set to fixed