CLDR Ticket #6810(accepted data)
improve pre-Unicode 7.0 script sample characters
|Reported by:||markus||Owned by:||shervin|
Roozbeh wrote about the existing script sample characters:
Some are very bad. A partial list:
- The ones for Syriac, Osmanya, Shavian, Buginese, Kharoshthi, Tifinagh, Mandaic, N'Ko, do not remind one of the script.
- Tagbanwa is basically a cross, while Cypriot is basically an asterisk, and Tifinagh and Mandaic are circles and N'Ko is a vertical line.
- The ones for Balinese and Buginese are too similar.
- The ones for Tifinagh and Mandaic are the same.
- The Carian one is just an LGC A, while the Lisu one is LGC B.
- Inscriptional Pahlavi and Parthian look too similar.
- The Avestan one is too similar to (Book|Psalter) Pahlavi Aleph.
- The Tai Viet one looks too much like a cursive lowercase n.
- Old South Arabian looks too much like LGC Y.
- Owner changed from anybody to roozbeh
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 25rc
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.