CLDR Ticket #6908(accepted unittest)
Roundtrip from standard format to skeleton to pattern, part 2
|Reported by:||pedberg||Owned by:||pedberg|
This is a follow-on to cldrbug 6856: about the following:
In most cases, if we take one of the standard date formats for a locale, treat it as a skeleton and get the corresponding pattern from the availableFormats, we should get back the original format. There are some exceptions:
- When the format includes 月 or 월 (or 'tháng' for Vietnamese) such as y年M月d日, the derived skeleton does not really represent the intent of the format.
- When the short and medium formats are both numeric but not the same, a roundtrip through the availableFormats may not match one of them.
We have an existing warning that attempts to address this; we may need to refine it and turn it into an error in some cases (See discussion in cldrbug 6856:). We also need to fix the remaining real roundtrip problems that were not addressed by cldrbug 6856:
- Owner changed from anybody to pedberg
- Priority changed from assess to medium
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 25rc
- Type changed from defect to unittest
- Component changed from test to unknown