CLDR Ticket #7031(closed enhancement: fixed)
Update collation/ml.xml with simplified rule for AU sign and marker
|Reported by:||cibu||Owned by:||markus|
The current rule is:
# Archaic and modern AU-Signs are different only by tertiary.
That needs to get replaced with:
# Vowel sign AU ( ൌ) and AU length mark ( ൗ) needs to be differ only by secondary.
- The order among these two signs are not important. The only requirement is to make them differ only by secondary.
- Whether the difference is secondary or tertiary is debatable. In user's mind this difference is more or less parallel to Latin long-s and short-s difference. They differ by secondary. Since, Vowel sign has an additional separate symbol, it could be viewed as a different combining mark. Combining marks differ by secondary key. This tilts the choice slightly to secondary difference between these two signs. However, I don't have any strong opinions on this.
- Cc markus added
- Priority changed from assess to medium
- Weeks set to 0.1
- Component changed from data to data-collation
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to needs-more-info
- Cc mark added
- Status changed from closed to new
- Resolution needs-more-info deleted
- Data Xpath cldr/common/collation/ml.xml ldml/collations/collation/cr deleted
- Reporter changed from cibu@… to cibu
- Owner changed from anybody to markus
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 26rc
- Cc fredrik, pedberg added
- Status changed from assigned to reviewing
- Review set to emmons
- Status changed from reviewing to closed
- Resolution set to fixed