CLDR Ticket #7127(accepted enhancement)
|Reported by:||mark||Owned by:||anybody|
It looks to me like the performance of the Coverage cache could be improved if it were structured a bit differently.
Right now it looks up two keys, the path and the locale.
I think it'd be faster to look up a LocaleCoverage object from the locale, which can then be kept around by the caller. That would itself cache <path,level>s.
Also, certain paths have levels that are completely independent of locale. We can have a tool to run whenever we change the data file that generates those paths, and caches them all in a file. At runtime we'd build a static LocaleIndependentCoverage. (The LocaleIndependentCoverage would want to intern the paths, just like we do elsewhere.)
The LocaleCache can then ask LocaleIndependentCoverage first, saving space and time.
- Owner changed from anybody to ribnitz
- Priority changed from assess to medium
- Type changed from unknown to enhancement
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 26rc
- Owner changed from googler to anybody
- Milestone changed from 26rc to 27dsub