CLDR Ticket #7278(accepted unknown)
Change highly-contendend HashMaps/SynchronizedMap to ConcurrentHashMap [only branch]
|Reported by:||ribnitz||Owned by:||googler|
The use of Collections.synchronizedMap (or equivalent: HashMap, with synchronization on the map object) is common in the CLDR Tools project.
Synchronization on the Map means that only one thread at a time can access or modify the map. (java.util.concurrent.) ConcurrentHashMap was developed to solve this problem. An instance of a highly contended map is in in CLDRFile.DistingishedXPath (distinguishingMap)
Getting rid of the synchronized blocks where possible, and using a ConcurrentHashMap instead signifies a performance improvements.
- Owner changed from anybody to ribnitz
- Priority changed from assess to major
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 26dsub
- Status changed from assigned to reviewing
- Review set to mark