CLDR Ticket #7408(accepted dtd)
Add ordinal dates
|Reported by:||mark||Owned by:||mark|
Description (last modified by mark) (diff)
In some languages, it is often customary to use ordinals in dates, such as "May 1st".
We could support that if we allowed a count parameter:
<dateFormatItem id="MMMd">MMM d</dateFormatItem>
<dateFormatItem id="MMMd" ordinal="one">MMM d'st'</dateFormatItem>
<dateFormatItem id="MMMd" ordinal="two">MMM d'nd'</dateFormatItem>
<dateFormatItem id="MMMd" ordinal="few">MMM d'rd'</dateFormatItem>
<dateFormatItem id="MMMd" ordinal="other">MMM d'th'</dateFormatItem>
We'd only allow this on skeletons that contained 'd' and 'M'.
Now, unlike other uses of count, we'd only want to expose this if we knew that the language used ordinal dates. So I think we'd want to keep an internal list of selected locales (like English and French) that we'd expose this for.
Note that we can't just mechanically add the ordinals, because there may be other changes in the pattern, and the ordinals often inflect.
The patterns would be:
MMM d E, MMM d MMMM d MMM d, y E, MMM d, y MMM d, y G E, MMM d, y G
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Cc pedberg added
- Component changed from unknown to data
- Priority changed from assess to major
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 27
- Owner changed from anybody to mark
- Type changed from unknown to enhancement
comment:13 Changed 2 years ago by markus
- Type changed from enhancement to dtd
- Component changed from dtd to unknown
comment:16 Changed 12 months ago by mark
- Keywords Review in 30 added
- Milestone changed from upcoming to 30
comment:17 in reply to: ↑ 4 ; follow-up: ↓ 19 Changed 12 months ago by mark
- Component changed from unknown to datetime
- Description modified (diff)