[Unicode]   Common Locale Data Repository : Bug Tracking Home | Site Map | Search
 
Modify

CLDR Ticket #7422(accepted defect)

Opened 3 years ago

Last modified 3 years ago

Feedback on URL ?|forum=to

Reported by: firitia@… Owned by: diab
Component: survey Data Locale:
Phase: dvet Review:
Weeks: Data Xpath:
Xref:

ticket:7447

Description

In trying to add a forum topic, I seem to be unable to use non-ascii characters. For example ā (a macron) changes into ?

Attachments

pastedImage.png (75.9 KB) - added by fredrik 3 years ago.
Image provided by vetter

Change History

comment:1 follow-up: ↓ 2 Changed 3 years ago by fredrik

What operating system and web browser are you using?

comment:2 in reply to: ↑ 1 Changed 3 years ago by firitia@…

Replying to fredrik:

What operating system and web browser are you using?

macosx 10.9.2; firefox 29

comment:3 Changed 3 years ago by emmons

  • Owner changed from anybody to pwauquier
  • Priority changed from assess to major
  • Status changed from new to assigned
  • Milestone changed from UNSCH to 26dvet

comment:4 follow-up: ↓ 7 Changed 3 years ago by pwauquier

  • Cc srl added

The charset used in the database seems to be wrong on the SurveyTool database causing character issue in the forum.

I tried with Derby, and with new MyIsam tables encoded in UTF-8 (with also adding ?characterEncoding=utf8 to get: jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/surveytool?characterEncoding=utf8) to my database configuration in my context.xml file).
It works with this configuration.

Steven, any thought?

comment:5 Changed 3 years ago by fredrik

  • Cc fredrik added

Changed 3 years ago by fredrik

Image provided by vetter

comment:6 Changed 3 years ago by srl

  • Xref set to 7447

fixed in ticket:7447 please close this one as dup

comment:7 in reply to: ↑ 4 Changed 3 years ago by srl

Replying to pwauquier:

The charset used in the database seems to be wrong on the SurveyTool database causing character issue in the forum.

I tried with Derby, and with new MyIsam tables encoded in UTF-8 (with also adding ?characterEncoding=utf8 to get: jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/surveytool?characterEncoding=utf8) to my database configuration in my context.xml file).

You really should use MySQL as that's what is done in production.

I use BLOB for unicode data, and latin1 for all else - otherwise, the xpaths wouldn't be unique indexable.
I'll file a bug to investigate mbcs4

comment:8 Changed 3 years ago by pedberg

  • Owner changed from pwauquier to diab
  • Milestone changed from 26dvet to 27dvet

For now, moving Pierrick's CLDR 26 open tickets to 27dsub and reassigning to Joey. Steven will go through the status update that Pierrick sent out and update these accordingly.

comment:9 Changed 3 years ago by pedberg

For now, moving Pierrick's CLDR 26 open tickets to 27dsub and reassigning to Joey. Steven will go through the status update that Pierrick sent out and update these accordingly.

comment:10 Changed 3 years ago by markus

  • Phase set to dvet
  • Milestone changed from 27dvet to 27

comment:11 Changed 3 years ago by pedberg

  • Milestone changed from 27 to UNSCH

CLDR 27 survey* tickets for diab and pwauquier to UNSCH

comment:12 Changed 3 years ago by pedberg

CLDR 27 diab/pwauquier tickets for survey* move to UNSCH

comment:13 Changed 2 years ago by srl

  • Status changed from assigned to accepted
View

Add a comment

Modify Ticket

Action
as accepted
Author


E-mail address and user name can be saved in the Preferences.

 
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.