CLDR Ticket #7446(accepted enhancement)
Survey tool: screen layout. box sizes, box positions, text heights etc. need better coordination
|Reported by:||publi@…||Owned by:||diab|
This is about survey tool 26 and Opera 21.0.1432.67 (currently the most recent version each) under Windows 7 at the most recent patch level.
See the attached screen shots that were made with screen resolution increased from normal (having readble text sizes - some actually a bit too big for my taste) by doubling height and with until the scroll bars disappeared. As you can see, the normal size does not display anything useful and must be considered non-working.
The doubled size may be probably used with some aches, but it obscures some text portions, and has both scroll bars and lots of unused empty space. This is poor design, where data is put outside the screen which would perfectly fit on the screen.
With the size doubled again, you have some comparatively useless readable information and many unreadable text portions which are either still obscured and/or too small to be deciferable. One gained huge empty spaces bare of any information, too.
- No horizontal scroll bars even with smaller mobile screens ever.
- Font sizes should be remarkably closer together, i.e. less different.
- Initial font sizes can be a bit smaller than half of their current sizes.
- Box positioning must avoid overlap and should avoid partial obscuring - better let users scroll downwards.
- If there is empty space: use it. Never allow data outside the screen as long as there is unused space on the screen.
- Owner changed from anybody to pwauquier
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Type changed from defect to enhancement
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 26dvet
- Owner changed from pwauquier to diab
- Milestone changed from 26dvet to 27dvet