CLDR Ticket #7589(accepted unknown)
Information Panel is obscure for "May not be modified"
|Reported by:||mark||Owned by:||srl|
Description (last modified by mark) (diff)
There is another bug filed for the fact that the Flag for Review is bizarrely and confusingly organized.
Look at the screen shot.
- The user has no guidance as to what to do if the item is "May not be modified".
- The Flag icon is sort of explained near the top, but NOT what do do with it. And there is no real connection in the user's mind between "May not be modified" and "Losing items may be flagged..." and the [Flag for Review] button.
- And "May not be modified" is false!
- And we have a leftover strange box with a link extending over 2 paragraphs(!) of text, that opens up a ticket. The text is confusing, and contradicts what we want users to do.
What to do
[warning icon] May not be modified- see details
[flag icon] Only modified after committee review: see Information Panel
- Remove the flag icon above the item.
- Add a header at the top of the Information Panel:
- Remove the box that says "Read all the above links ..."
- Do the items in http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/7536
- Fix the irregular line spacing between items in the Information Panel. Some items in the information panel have no spacing between them (like the Regional locales menu and the Flag for Review button) and some have huge amounts of spacing, like the extra line spacing around "Changes to this item..." and "Read all above links...". Leave some whitespace (or colored space) between each item, but a uniform amount.
- Owner changed from anybody to srl
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Component changed from unknown to survey
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 27dsub