CLDR Ticket #7670(closed enhancement: fixed)
Cape Verde Escudo #,##0¤00
|Reported by:||mimckenna@…||Owned by:||emmons|
It appears every single currency in CLDR has the currency symbol as prefix or postfix. The Cape Verde Escudo still uses the old Portuguese style with the currency symbol used as a decimal separator.
Therefore, I propose, if feasible, to support the Escudo:
Problem: the currency formats for pt-CV and kea-CV would have to be changed to:
which would work for the Escudo as
but, for non-Escudo's it would inherit the pattern for substitution, so GBP would appear as
or Swiss Francs as
which is strange.
Anyway - something to consider. This is NOT a high priority for our team or PayPal.
- Owner changed from anybody to emmons
- Priority changed from assess to medium
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 27dsub
- Status changed from assigned to reviewing
- Review set to pedberg
- Status changed from reviewing to closed
- Resolution set to fixed