CLDR Ticket #7693(accepted data)
ton vs metric ton
|Reported by:||srl||Owned by:||srl|
See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ton#Units_of_mass.2Fweight for a little chart
Right now we have units "ton" and "metric ton".
I wonder if we should at least say "ton 2,000 lb (907.1847 kg)" and "metric ton/tonne 1,000 kg (2,204.623 lb)" - that would make them unambiguous.
The Estonian vetters submitted the same content for both Ton and Metric Ton. According to http://et.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonn the "Lühike tonn" is 907 kg (thus "ton" in en-US usage?) and the Tonn is what en-US refers to as the "metric ton".
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Component changed from unknown to data
- Priority changed from assess to major
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 27dsub
- Owner changed from anybody to srl
- Type changed from unknown to enhancement