CLDR Ticket #8147(accepted data)
Latin-NumericPinyin error with "bàngōngshì"
|Reported by:||pedberg||Owned by:||pedberg|
Using "Latin-NumericPinyin" on the word "bàngōngshì", meaning "office" in English, results in "bang4ong1shi4", which is meaningless. The correct transliteration is "ban4gong1shi4"
This is using the version of ICU built in to OS X 10.10.1 via the CFStringTransform function.
Additional notes: bang4 is a valid pinyin syllable, but ong1 is not. Need to have enough lookahead (context rules) to partition as ban4gong1 so both syllables are valid pinyin.
- Owner changed from anybody to pedberg
- Phase changed from dsub to rc
- Priority changed from assess to medium
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 27