CLDR Ticket #8316(accepted data)
Add other characters attribute to numberingSystem element
|Reported by:||mark||Owned by:||mark|
Right now, if we want to find out the full set of "exemplar" characters, we have to look at the numbering systems.
That involves grabbing the symbols used by the locale for that numbering system, but also the characters that could come out of the system. For the latter, it is easy with numeric types:
<numberingSystem id="arabext" type="numeric" digits="۰۱۲۳۴۵۶۷۸۹"/>
However, it is not trivial with algorithmic ones.
<numberingSystem id="armn" type="algorithmic" rules="armenian-upper"/> <numberingSystem id="roman" type="algorithmic" rules="roman-upper"/>
I suggest that we:
- Add another attribute that contains all the characters that could come out of RBNF
<numberingSystem id="roman" type="algorithmic" rules="roman-upper" charset="[ↁ ↂ ↇ ↈ C D I L-N V X]"/>
- Add to the RBNF tests (since they know how to parse the rules), a test that ensures that the rules contain all and only those characters.
- Summary changed from Add other characters to to Add other characters attribute to numberingSystem element
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Component changed from unknown to data-other
- Priority changed from assess to medium
- Phase changed from dsub to rc
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 28
- Owner changed from anybody to mark