CLDR Ticket #8338(accepted tools)
ST: "alt" values should be optional for translators in survey tool
|Reported by:||fredrik||Owned by:||emmons|
Spin-off from bug:8280 per TC discussion.
English sometimes have "alt" values of data points which may or may not be applicable for target languages, leaving vetters feeling compelled to enter an alternate translation even when there isn't one for their language. Conversely, we wouldn't want to hide the "alt" value from the vetters as it may very well be applicable.
We should mark "alt" data points as "optional" for vetters and not require their entry.
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Priority changed from assess to major
- Phase changed from dsub to dvet
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 28
- Owner changed from anybody to emmons
- Type set to tools