[Unicode]   Common Locale Data Repository : Bug Tracking Home | Site Map | Search
 
Modify

CLDR Ticket #8564(accepted unittest)

Opened 2 years ago

Last modified 19 months ago

`pluralRanges` entries for seed locales ➡️ Failing test

Reported by: shervin Owned by: mark
Component: plurals Data Locale:
Phase: dsub Review:
Weeks: Data Xpath:
Xref:

ticket:8567

Description (last modified by shervin) (diff)

I noticed that some of seed locales (e.g. ckb, nso, etc.) have plural rules in plurals.xml but not entries in pluralRanges.xml. I also realized that adding them there causes TestPluralRanges to fail.

TestPluralRanges {
      Error: (TestAll.java:170) java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.unicode.cldr.unittest.TestSupplementalInfo.TestPluralRanges(TestSupplementalInfo.java:190)
        ...
        ...
    } (0.004s) FAILED (1 failure(s))

Although I might be wrong, it seems to me that this test only check the locales with Google coverage and even those which are not in seed (e.g. ckb is Google coverage and in seed and adding it to pluralRanges causes a failing test). org.unicode.cldr.unittest.TestSupplementalInfo, line 136:

public void TestPluralRanges() {
        PluralRulesFactory prf = PluralRulesFactory.getInstance(SUPPLEMENTAL);
        Set<String> localesToTest = new TreeSet<String>(
            SUPPLEMENTAL.getPluralRangesLocales());
        for (String locale : StandardCodes.make().getLocaleCoverageLocales(
            "google")) { // superset
            if (locale.equals("*") || locale.contains("_")) {
                continue;
            }
            localesToTest.add(locale);
        }

Attachments

Change History

comment:1 Changed 2 years ago by shervin

  • Data Locale ckb deleted
  • Priority changed from medium to major
  • Type changed from data to unittest
  • Description modified (diff)
  • Summary changed from Central Kurdish (`ckb`) has plural rules but not ranges rules to `pluralRanges` entries for seed locales ➡️ Failing test

comment:2 Changed 2 years ago by shervin

This issue is blocking completion of following tickets: ticket:8437, ticket:8445, ticket:8224.

Edit: Postponing addition of pluralRanges rules for the above ticket to a later version when we have a fix for this issue.

Last edited 2 years ago by shervin (previous) (diff)

comment:3 Changed 2 years ago by shervin

  • Xref set to 8567

comment:4 Changed 2 years ago by shervin

  • Priority changed from major to assess

comment:5 Changed 22 months ago by emmons

  • Owner changed from anybody to mark
  • Phase changed from dsub to rc
  • Priority changed from assess to major
  • Status changed from new to accepted
  • Milestone changed from UNSCH to 28

comment:6 Changed 21 months ago by mark

  • Phase changed from rc to dsub
  • Milestone changed from 28 to 29

After data submission, the priority for these drops, so moving to the start of the next cycle.

comment:7 Changed 19 months ago by emmons

  • Milestone changed from 29 to upcoming

Auto move of all 29 -> upcoming

View

Add a comment

Modify Ticket

Action
as accepted
Author


E-mail address and user name can be saved in the Preferences.

 
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.