CLDR Ticket #8584(accepted data)
Fix problem with date format patterns not allowing different numbers.
|Reported by:||mark||Owned by:||pedberg|
From an internal report:
It seems that despite using ULocale with numbers=latn set, the patterns retrieved for e.g. "Mdyy" include RLM (Right to left marker) unicode control characters which effectively forces the "d/M/y" pattern to be displayed from right to left (day will be on the right). That's the correct way when native arabic-digits are used but is incorrect when ASCII digits are used.
E.g. the return value of:
How do I set things up so that we get "d/M/y" without the RLM characters?
There are a couple of alternative ways to handle this. For numbers, we have alternate patterns/symbols depending on the number system. That would, however, be really painful with the number of date patterns we have.
If the only problem is the presence of the RLMs, then an alternative would be to spec for implementations that when AN digits don't appear in a pattern, that RLMs are removed. That would be a simple change. The question is whether that handles all the cases or not.
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Component changed from unknown to datetime
- Priority changed from assess to major
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 28
- Owner changed from anybody to pedberg
- Type changed from unknown to data
- Phase changed from rc to dsub
- Milestone changed from 28 to 29