CLDR Ticket #8670(accepted survey)
Duration patterns incorrectly interpreted in Survey
|Reported by:||verdy_p@…||Owned by:||mark|
Duration patterns (in Lang/Units/Duration) are incorrectly scanned by the Survey tool:
(1) it parses them as if we were entering individual units or terms and signals the presence of ASCII quotes (' or "), claiming they should be converted to rounded quotes, when they are used in fact in patterns for escaping litteral characters (for example: h 'h' m 'min')
(2) Litterals are then effectively rendered, but not completely litteraly: the 'h' litteral unexpectedly becomes 'H' in the sample.
All 3 items (hms, hm and ms) for duration patterns are affected. This gives false hints to translators.
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Component changed from survey-ui-design to survey
- Priority changed from assess to major
- Phase changed from dsub to rc
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 28
- Owner changed from anybody to mark
- Phase changed from rc to dsub
- Milestone changed from 28 to 29