CLDR Ticket #8944(closed spec: fixed)
|Reported by:||mark||Owned by:||pedberg|
Description (last modified by mark) (diff)
The table has gotten huge and unwieldy, hard to navigate. Also, the simplest way for people to find, eg, 'MMMM' is to search, but that is not actually in the table. The table also doesn't take account of the commonality of widths among text and numeric field.
I suggest we reorganize to
- describe at the top the standard width variations
- change the No. column to have the sequences, not the numbers.
- use a combined description for all the widths.
- make the Field + Description be full width
So the columns would be something like the following. Hard to show without the real structure, and need to play around with it to get the optimal structure.
|period||The periods of a day||<this row is shaded>|
|AM/PM||<Description (spanning 4 rows)>|
|midnight/am/noon/pm||<Description (spanning 4 rows)>|
Have it look more like http://userguide.icu-project.org/formatparse/datetime#TOC-Date-Time-Format-Syntax
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Component changed from unknown to datetime
- Phase changed from dsub to final
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 29
- Owner changed from anybody to pedberg
- Type changed from unknown to spec
- Phase changed from final to spec-beta
- Priority changed from assess to major
- Status changed from accepted to reviewing
- Xref set to 10118
- Review set to mark