CLDR Ticket #8988(accepted data)
Verify plural rules for negative numbers
|Reported by:||mark||Owned by:||mark|
Description (last modified by mark) (diff)
We did not gather data for how languages format negative numbers, so the actual results are just however the code falls out. We now need to do address this and gather the information for negatives.
I'd suggest generating a list for each language with a sample of a few cases from each plural category, including at least one integer and at least one fraction (decimal) if possible, and using the plural category of the absolute value of the number. Then run this by native speakers asking them to either mark them as right, or make corrections.
Eg for English
We can then modify the survey tool to show some negative examples for units.
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Priority changed from assess to major
- Phase changed from dsub to rc
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 29
- Owner changed from anybody to mark
- Type changed from unknown to data