CLDR Ticket #9102(accepted data)
"Grouping" (thousands) separator in CLDR contradicts DIN standard and the "Duden"
|Reported by:||p.maechler@…||Owned by:||fredrik|
For German the grouping separator in the CLDR is given as period (".").
This contradicts the German standard DIN 5008 (which is also used by the "Duden", the dictionary of the German language), which says that a space letter should be used and periods (or similar characters) may be only as thousand separator in currencies for "security reasons".
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Component changed from unknown to numbers
- Priority changed from assess to medium
- Phase changed from dsub to rc
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to upcoming
- Owner changed from anybody to fredrik
- Type changed from unknown to data