CLDR Ticket #9259(accepted tools)
Bad sample characters in script metadata
|Reported by:||emmons||Owned by:||emmons|
I stumbled across this. It appears that some of the sample characters in the script metadata spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y90M0Ie3MUJ6UVCRDOypOtijlMDLNNyyLk36T6iMu0o/edit#gid=0 are incorrect. For example, the sample character for script Mroo is supposed to be U+16A4F, but the sample character there is U+6A4F (a CJK ideograph). Just a casual look would indicate that other scripts are wrong in the same way, Hluw, Plrd, Tang, Bass.
Not only do we need to fix the data, but it should be pretty easy to write a unit test that tests the sample character vs. the codepoint to make sure that they match.
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Component changed from unknown to supplemental
- Priority changed from assess to medium
- Phase changed from dsub to final
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to upcoming
- Owner changed from anybody to emmons
- Type changed from unknown to tools