CLDR Ticket #9695(accepted docs)
Describe how to use the tools for POSIX and JSON
|Reported by:||mark||Owned by:||emmons|
I can't find these that are mentioned in http://cldr.unicode.org/
"For those interested in the source CLDR data, it is available for each release in the XML format specified by LDML. There are also tools that will convert to JSON and POSIX format. For more information, see CLDR Releases/Downloads."
If you follow that link, the page contains this text:
"Note: Beginning with CLDR v21, the CLDR project will no longer publish POSIX-format locale sources as part of its distribution. The POSIX locale generation tools will continue to be made available as a part of the release. Developers who require POSIX compliant locales can generate them using these tools."
But I can't find those tools.
That is a bit obscure! We stopped generating the source for POSIX because essentially every user customized it in some way, so was better to do with a tool. We need to add a pointer to where to get the tools and how to use them.
- For where they are, see http://cldr.unicode.org/index/downloads#Repository_Organization
- Above that are the details for SVN access.
- But we really need a page that describes the specific tools for JSON and POSIX generation, and how to use them. Also how to build fully-resolved CLDR, and how to filter results for all of these.
- Owner changed from anybody to emmons
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Type changed from unknown to docs
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 31
- Phase changed from dsub to spec-beta
- Priority changed from assess to minor
- Component changed from unknown to json