CLDR Ticket #9832(new survey)
Make ∅∅∅ useful
|Reported by:||mark||Owned by:|
We spent a lot of effort to implement ∅∅∅ in the survey tool. But it still isn't really useful. In order to really make it work, we need to do a few steps.
- Determine exactly where we want to allow it to be used, and have a method call for that. However, we ONLY want to allow its use in very limited cases, NOT use in general. Translators should not be able to use it for date fields ("am" or "March"), for language/country/script names ("English"), units ("kg"), etc.
We want to allow its use in alt=X forms in general (but there may be some exceptions), and in language dialects (en_US) [replacing what is in http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/9474], some relative forms ("pre-yesterday"), and so on. But only in such specified cases.
- Where it is allowed, have an easy way to vote for the value, by listing it directly as one of the alternatives (with a hover to explain usage).
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Cc mark, fredrik, kristi added
- Component changed from unknown to survey
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 31
- Owner changed from anybody to emmons
- Type changed from unknown to survey
- Owner emmons deleted
- Phase changed from rc to dsub
- Status changed from accepted to new
- Milestone changed from 31 to 32