CLDR Ticket #9923(accepted spec)
Explain the use of <regionFormat type="standard"> and <regionFormat type="daylight">
|Reported by:||yoshito||Owned by:||yoshito|
cldrbug:5913 introduced format patterns for location based standard/daylight time name. <timeZoneNames> Elements Used for Fallback contains example values, but later sections does not have any explanation when to use the format.
We probably should add below:
- 7.1 Time Zone Format Terminology should define the zone format created with regionFormat type="standard"|"daylight". The format type name would be "Specific location format".
- 7.2 Goals explains fallback steps. For pattern zzzz, when long specific non-location format value is not available, specific location format is used as the fallback, before long localized GMT, if the zone is associated with a location.
- Owner changed from anybody to yoshito
- Phase changed from dsub to spec-beta
- Priority changed from assess to major
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 31