CLDR Ticket #9992(closed dtd: fixed)
Flesh out <fields> data
|Reported by:||pedberg||Owned by:||pedberg|
Description (last modified by pedberg) (diff)
There are some issues with the <fields> data that have come to light as a result of examining what would be needed to address http://bugs.icu-project.org/trac/ticket/12740.
- The fields data has width variants for certain fields (year, quarter, month, week, day, hour, minute, second) but not others (era, weekday, dayperiod, zone). The variants were added based on the needs of the ICU class RelativeDateTimeFormatter which did not care about era, dayperiod, etc. However, since the width variants affect the display names and it is useful to have the display name width variants for era, weekday, dayperiod, zone, it would be useful to add the width variants for these as well.
- Currently, field display names are used in ICU mainly to name the appendFields in DateTimePatternGenerator. However, while there are <field> types corresponding to most of the UDateTimePatternField enum values that might be used in appendFields, some are missing: There are no <field> types for the enum values WEEK_OF_MONTH ('W'), DAY_OF_YEAR ('D'), DAY_OF_WEEK_IN_MONTH ('F', i.e. ordinal for weekday occurrence in a month such as 2nd Wednesday), or FRACTIONAL_SECOND ('S'). It would be useful to add field types for these as well. .
- Owner changed from anybody to pedberg
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Description modified (diff)
- Milestone changed from UNSCH to 31
- Status changed from accepted to reviewing
- Xref set to 9995
- Review set to mark
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.