Unicode Utilities: Internationalized Domain Names (IDN)
help | character
Results (see Notes)
- Unicode UTS #46: Unicode IDNA Compatibility Processing
is designed to allow implementations to support both IDNA2008 and IDNA2003,
without the compatibility problems resulting from the conflicts between them.
- Errors in labels are shown with red; the results may show � if they are not determinant.
- The input can have hex Unicode, using the \u convention. For example, ♥ can be supplied as \u2665.
If there are accents or invisible characters they are shown on a second line with \u escapes,
to show the difference between cases like Ö and O + ̈
- The Punycode shown in the Input column is raw - without any mapping or transformation,
but breaking at dots (full stops and ideographic full stops), but not those in characters like 'U+2490 ( ⒐ ) DIGIT NINE FULL STOP')
- The behavior with of browsers with composed single characters like 'U+2490 ( ⒐ ) DIGIT NINE FULL STOP'
(in http://lab⒐be) varies:
- Chrome, Safari, and IE will fail to resolve http://lab⒐be.
- Firefox maps '⒐' to "9" + "." before separating labels; thus resolving http://lab⒐be.
Fonts and Display. If you don't have a good set of Unicode fonts (and modern browser),
you may not be able to read some of the characters.
Some suggested fonts that you can add for coverage are:
Unicode Fonts for Ancient Scripts,
Noto Fonts site,
Large, multi-script Unicode fonts.
See also: Unicode Display Problems.
ICU version: 126.96.36.199;
Unicode version: 188.8.131.52