Unicode® Consortium Name and Trademark Usage Policy.
- Unicode Copyright.
- Copyright © 1991-2015 Unicode, Inc. All rights reserved.
- Certain documents and files on this website contain a legend
indicating that "Modification is permitted." Any person is
hereby authorized, without fee, to modify such documents and
files to create derivative works conforming to the Unicode®
Standard, subject to Terms and Conditions herein.
- Any person is hereby authorized, without fee, to view, use,
reproduce, and distribute all documents and files solely for
informational purposes and in the creation of products supporting
the Unicode Standard, subject to the Terms and Conditions
- Further specifications of rights and restrictions pertaining
to the use of the particular set of data files known as the
"Unicode Character Database" can be found in
- Each version of the Unicode Standard has further
specifications of rights and restrictions of use. For the book
editions (Unicode 5.0 and earlier), these are found on the back
- No license is granted to "mirror" the Unicode website where
a fee is charged for access to the "mirror" site.
- Modification is not permitted with respect to this document.
All copies of this document must be verbatim.
- Restricted Rights Legend. Any technical
data or software which is licensed to the United States of
America, its agencies and/or instrumentalities under this
Agreement is commercial technical data or commercial computer
software developed exclusively at private expense as defined in
FAR 2.101, or DFARS 252.227-7014 (June 1995), as applicable. For
technical data, use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government
is subject to restrictions as set forth in DFARS 202.227-7015
Technical Data, Commercial and Items (Nov 1995) and this
Agreement. For Software, in accordance with FAR 12-212 or DFARS
227-7202, as applicable, use, duplication or disclosure by the
Government is subject to the restrictions set forth in this
- Warranties and Disclaimers.
- This publication and/or website may include technical or
typographical errors or other inaccuracies . Changes are
periodically added to the information herein; these changes will
be incorporated in new editions of the publication and/or
website. Unicode may make improvements and/or changes in the
product(s) and/or program(s) described in this publication
and/or website at any time.
- If this file has been purchased on magnetic or optical media
from Unicode, Inc. the sole and exclusive remedy for any claim
will be exchange of the defective media within ninety (90) days
of original purchase.
- EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN SECTION C.2, THIS PUBLICATION AND/OR
SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER
EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. UNICODE AND ITS LICENSORS ASSUME
NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THIS PUBLICATION
AND/OR SOFTWARE OR OTHER DOCUMENTS WHICH ARE REFERENCED BY OR
LINKED TO THIS PUBLICATION OR THE UNICODE WEBSITE.
- Waiver of Damages. In no event shall
Unicode or its licensors be liable for any special, incidental,
indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages
whatsoever, whether or not Unicode was advised of the possibility
of the damage, including, without limitation, those resulting from
the following: loss of use, data or profits, in connection with
the use, modification or distribution of this information or its
- Trademarks & Logos.
- The Unicode Word Mark and the Unicode Logo are trademarks of Unicode, Inc. “The Unicode Consortium” and “Unicode, Inc.” are trade names of Unicode, Inc. Use of the information and materials found on this website indicates your acknowledgement of Unicode, Inc.’s exclusive worldwide rights in the Unicode Word Mark, the Unicode Logo, and the Unicode trade names.
- The Unicode Consortium Name and Trademark Usage Policy (“Trademark Policy”) are incorporated herein by reference and you agree to abide by the provisions of the Trademark Policy, which may be changed from time to time in the sole discretion of Unicode, Inc.
- All third party trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.
- Jurisdiction and Venue. This server is operated from
a location in the State of California, United States of America.
Unicode makes no representation that the materials are
appropriate for use in other locations. If you access this
server from other locations, you are responsible for compliance
with local laws. This Agreement, all use of this site and any
claims and damages resulting from use of this site are governed
solely by the laws of the State of California without regard to
any principles which would apply the laws of a different
jurisdiction. The user agrees that any disputes regarding this
site shall be resolved solely in the courts located in Santa
Clara County, California. The user agrees said courts have
personal jurisdiction and agree to waive any right to transfer
the dispute to any other forum.
- Modification by Unicode Unicode shall have the right
to modify this Agreement at any time by posting it to this site.
The user may not assign any part of this Agreement without
Unicode’s prior written consent.
- Taxes. The user agrees to pay any taxes arising from
access to this website or use of the information herein, except
for those based on Unicode’s net income.
- Severability. If any provision of this
Agreement is declared invalid or unenforceable, the remaining
provisions of this Agreement shall remain in effect.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the
entire agreement between the parties.
UNICODE, INC. LICENSE AGREEMENT - DATA FILES AND SOFTWARE
Unicode Data Files include all data files under the directories
http://www.unicode.org/Public/, http://www.unicode.org/reports/, and
Unicode Data Files do not include PDF online code charts under the
Software includes any source code published in the Unicode Standard
or under the directories http://www.unicode.org/Public/,
NOTICE TO USER: Carefully read the following legal agreement.
BY DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING, COPYING OR OTHERWISE USING UNICODE INC.'S
DATA FILES ("DATA FILES"), AND/OR SOFTWARE ("SOFTWARE"),
YOU UNEQUIVOCALLY ACCEPT, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY, ALL OF THE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, COPY, DISTRIBUTE OR USE
THE DATA FILES OR SOFTWARE.
COPYRIGHT AND PERMISSION NOTICE
Copyright © 1991-2015 Unicode, Inc. All rights reserved.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining
a copy of the Unicode data files and any associated documentation
(the "Data Files") or Unicode software and any associated documentation
(the "Software") to deal in the Data Files or Software
without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use,
copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, and/or sell copies of
the Data Files or Software, and to permit persons to whom the Data Files
or Software are furnished to do so, provided that
(a) this copyright and permission notice appear with all copies
of the Data Files or Software,
(b) this copyright and permission notice appear in associated
(c) there is clear notice in each modified Data File or in the Software
as well as in the documentation associated with the Data File(s) or
Software that the data or software has been modified.
THE DATA FILES AND SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF
ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND
NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR HOLDERS INCLUDED IN THIS
NOTICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, OR ANY SPECIAL INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL
DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE,
DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER
TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR
PERFORMANCE OF THE DATA FILES OR SOFTWARE.
Except as contained in this notice, the name of a copyright holder
shall not be used in advertising or otherwise to promote the sale,
use or other dealings in these Data Files or Software without prior
written authorization of the copyright holder.