Mountain View, CA, USA – February 2, 2012 – The new version of Unicode Technical Standard #10, Unicode Collation Algorithm has been released, updating to Unicode Version 6.1. http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr10/tr10-24.html
This new version adds a number of features:
- The collation ordering for the 732 new Unicode characters.
- A major revision to the ordering of "variable" characters into groups, separating punctuation and symbols. This change may present migration issues for some implementations.
- Options added for ignoring spaces and punctuation (but not symbols), and for reordering groupings of characters, such as putting Latin characters before Greek (for Greek users), or digits after letters.
There are also important improvements in documentation:
- A new section on asymmetric search (where a query of the base character 'e' matches é, è,…, but a query of the more specific é doesn't match other accented versions or the base character).
- Important restructuring and clarifications of other sections.