Re: Cambodian / Khmer in UNICODE

From: Eng C. Born (hok@computek.net)
Date: Tue May 28 1996 - 19:14:25 EDT

Hi Michael,

   As cambodian, I am very happy to have someone like yourself to work
on khmer Unicode. I am willing to contribute as much as I can. I will also
inform some of cambodians student and professional to see if they are willing
to participate.

   A small group of us was working on 8-bit code and able to put a set of
four fonts with the keyboard switcher(binding?) for Win 3.1/Win95. The whole
package(fonts and keybind program) at http://www.cambodia.org/fonts/.

  There are serious issues regarding the code assignment and I don't know much
about the Unicode. However, I will try to address these issues.

Regards,

Eng C. Born

PS. The Royal Cambdian Ambassy has a homepage and they might be able to
    contact the khmer professors in Cambodia.

    http://www.embassy.org/cambodia/REC_home.html