Re: Unicode and Han

From: Edward Cherlin (cherlin@snowcrest.net)
Date: Sun Aug 11 1996 - 13:45:27 EDT

[snip]
>> Then do something about it:, roll up your sleeves and join the IRG.
>> There you'll have a chance to prove whether you can contribute or
>> whether you can merely make small noises. If you are unfamiliar with
>> the TCA representatives to the IRG, I can provide you and introduction.
>>
>> Regards
>> Glenn Adams
>
>Dear Glenn,
>
>Thanks for your reply. That makes me to think a great deal.
>
>Regarding to joining the organizations/meetings, etc. My question is
>this -- Who will pay my trip and bills? You are very lucky to have your
>company to pay for everything, but I have to pay for everything myself,
[snip]

You could ask Apple, IBM, Adobe, Acer or a number of other companies for a
grant to cover your expenses. Or for a full-time job. There are many other
possibilities for funding.

>So, like the "gang of four" of the Chinese Character Analysis Group, we
>work on the Chinese computing where we can privately. During the past
>almost 20 years, in the field of Chinese computing, I wrote several
>books: An Introduction to Chinese, Japanese and Korean Computing (1989,
>in English)

Is that still in print? Who is the publisher? I need to buy that.

[snip]

>Smiles,
>Timothy Huang

Cheers
U+9ED8, U+96F7

Edward Cherlin Helping Newbies to become "knowbies" Point Top 5%
Vice President http://www.newbie.net/Mentors/Cherlin of Web sites
NewbieNet, Inc. Everything should be made as simple as possible,
cherlin@newbie.net __but no simpler__. Albert Einstein