Re: Latin-0 proposal -- erratum

From: Alain LaBont\i - 2 (alb@riq.qc.ca)
Date: Mon Nov 17 1997 - 02:40:52 EST

A 01:25 17/11/97 -0500, Doug Ewell a écrit :
>Hi Alain,
>
>I read your message on the Unicode mailing list about the most recent
>Latin-0 proposal. I have concluded the following so far (keeping in
>mind that this is preliminary):
>
>Code point Hex Latin-1 Latin-0 (proposed)
>---------- --- -------------- -------------------
> 10/04 A4 CURRENCY SIGN EURO SIGN
> 10/08 A8 DIAERESIS SMALL S CARON
> 11/04 B4 ACUTE ACCENT CAPITAL Z CARON
> 11/08 B8 CEDILLA SMALL Z CARON
> 11/12 BC ONE-QUARTER CAPITAL OE
> 11/13 BD ONE-HALF SMALL OE
> 11/14 BE THREE-QUARTERS CAPITAL Y DIAERESIS
>
>1. Is this correct?

[Alain] :
Yes, if the change is eventually made for the EURO SIGN coding (consensus
seems to be reached on this; many don't like to lose the PLUS-MINUS SIGN,
nobody seems to find any importance to the CURRENCY SIGN indeed as
something really and essentially meaningful).

[Doug] :
>2. Why was CAPITAL S CARON (U+0160) not included? To me this makes
> Latin-0 still look 'incomplete' since U+0161 is present.

[Alain] :
Oops! I made a mistake in cutting and pasting (omission of one line). It is
in the Latin 0 proposal, of course. The complete table is (your format) :

Code point Hex Latin-1 Latin-0 (proposed)
---------- --- -------------- -------------------
  10/04 A4 CURRENCY SIGN EURO SIGN (SYMBOLE EURO)
  10/06 A6 BROKEN BAR CAPITAL S CARON (S CARON MAJUSCULE)
  10/08 A8 DIAERESIS SMALL S CARON (S CARON MINUSCULE)
  11/04 B4 ACUTE ACCENT CAPITAL Z CARON (Z CARON MAJUSCULE)
  11/08 B8 CEDILLA SMALL Z CARON (Z CARON MINUSCULE)
  11/12 BC ONE-QUARTER CAPITAL OE (DIGRAMME SOUDÉ OE MAJUSCULE)
  11/13 BD ONE-HALF SMALL OE (DIGRAMME SOUDÉ OE MINUSCULE)
  11/14 BE THREE-QUARTERS CAPITAL Y DIAERESIS (Y TRÉMA MAJUSCULE)

Thanks to have checked and to give me the opportunity to make this correction.

[Doug] :
>3. Please continue to post updates on this topic to the Unicode
> list.

[Alain] :
I do. Thanks for your support of appreciation for the info!

[Doug] :
>Thanks,
>
>-Doug Ewell
> dewell@compuserve.com