Public domain Unicode C++ String classes ???

From: Yung-Fong Tang (ftang@netscape.com)
Date: Mon Aug 17 1998 - 16:50:47 EDT

I am searching public domain source for Unicode based C++ string classes
and locale classes - such as string comparision, Date/Time Formater,
Calendar, Sorting routines, etc. Is there something available in the
public domain currently ?

Or, is there non Unicode public doman locale code which we could port to
support UCS2 based locale?

We currently have an incomplete implemenation for the Unicode string
class in the mozilla source. (see /base/src/nsString.h and
/base/src/nsString.cpp for details) We would like to replace it with the
REAL Unicode one. Is there someone willing to help ?

When I refer to public domain code I man LGPL, BSD, MPL or NPL. I cannot
take GPL code. Thanks.