RE: UNIX Wide Char to Unicode

From: Gianni Mariani (gianni@microsoft.com)
Date: Wed Sep 02 1998 - 22:29:58 EDT

The only "correct" way to do this is to convert to "mb" and then
convert to Unicode ! I'm not sure where Solaris is going, but there
were some efforts to make some versions of UNIX wchar's be UCS-4.

You may be able to use "iconv" to convert from "mb" to some UTF
of your choice. I'm not sure what solaris provides as standard
conversions in iconv.