Re: IPA and Unicode

From: Rick McGowan (rmcgowan@apple.com)
Date: Thu Sep 17 1998 - 13:39:46 EDT

Off the subject a bit, but...

> Have you taken a look at the font on the STEDT website?
> http://faust.linguistics.berkeley.edu/stedt/fontpage.html
> I'd be interested to hear opinions on any of the characters/diacritics
> in the STEDT font.

It's unfortunate that the web page does not contain anything to "see". It
would be nice if there were a "font showing" to display the font's glyph
palette. Otherwise one is required to have a Mac running MacOS and be able
to unlock the secrets of STEDTpack50.seq.Hqx...

BTW, the gallery is nice. Click on the link in the navigation bar. See
samples of native dress for Tibetan, Yi, Naxi, and others.

        Rick